Celebrate trees by dressing like one on Arbor Day and get free admission to The Morton Arboretum. Kids can also enter the Tree-Riffic Costume Contest. One free general admission per costumed individual. Arbor Day only, April 24, 2015
Calendar of events
- Explore nine miles of paved roads that wind through our magnificent tree collections. Saturdays & Sundays, April 25 - May 24, 2015, Daily, May 25 - September 7, 2015, and Saturdays & Sundays, September 12 - October 25, 2015. 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Enter a tree village that's filled with adventure and imagination. Play, make believe, and become part of the trees' ever-changing tale. Daily, 7:00 a.m.-sunset
- The exhibit features artifacts from the library’s special collection relating to famous plant hunters, and it explores modern conservation efforts by scientists at the Arboretum. Tuesdays-Saturdays, during regular library hours.
- Drop-in & Family Adventure Programs. In the Children's Garden of The Morton Arboretum. Now-May, 2015. Program times vary.
- As the champion of trees, The Morton Arboretum’s signature holiday is Arbor Day! This year, Arbor Day is Friday, April 24, 2015 and we have an exciting lineup of events to celebrate trees and their importance to our world! April 24-26, 2015.