Grab a family explorer backpack and embark on an educational adventure through The Morton Arboretum's Children's Garden. Daily, April through October, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Calendar of events
- Drop-in & Family Adventure Programs. In the Children's Garden of The Morton Arboretum. Now-May, 2015. Program times vary.
- The exhibit features artifacts from the library’s special collection relating to famous plant hunters, and it explores modern conservation efforts by scientists at the Arboretum. Tuesdays-Saturdays, during regular library hours.
- Acorn Express Adventures, Wednesdays and Fridays April-June, 11:00-11:45 a.m. (no class April 24) To register stop by The Morton Arboretum Visitor Center on day of program.
- Looking for a unique experience in the Children’s Garden? Rent a self-guided family backpack and enhance your visit. Available daily, April-October, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Celebrate spring by searching the Arboretum grounds for nature’s brightly colored pageant of spring birds. Saturdays, April 18, May 16 or June 20, 2015, 8:00-10:30 a.m.