Acorn Express Adventures, Wednesdays and Fridays April-October, 11:00-11:45 a.m. ) To register stop by The Morton Arboretum Visitor Center on day of program.
Calendar of events
- Enter a tree village that's filled with adventure and imagination. Play, make believe, and become part of the trees' ever-changing tale. Daily, 7:00 a.m.-sunset
- Calling all LEGO® fans! 464,770 LEGO bricks + 4,170 hours of creativity = 13 larger-than-life displays inspired by nature! Don't miss Nature Connects Friday, July 17 through Sunday, November 1, 2015.
- Enjoy live music, kid-friendly fare, and entertainment after-hours. Thursdays, through August 27, 2015 at The Morton Arboretum. 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- The exhibit features artifacts from the library’s special collection relating to famous plant hunters, and it explores modern conservation efforts by scientists at the Arboretum. Tuesdays-Saturdays, during regular library hours.
- Experience the beauty of the Arboretum's 1,700 acres on a guided tram tour. Through October, weather permitting.
- Looking for a unique experience in the Children’s Garden? Rent a self-guided family backpack and enhance your visit. Available daily, April-October, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Explore nine miles of paved roads that wind through our magnificent tree collections. Daily, through September 7, 2015, and Saturdays & Sundays, September 12 - October 25, 2015. 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Drop-in & Family Adventure Programs. In the Children's Garden of The Morton Arboretum. Now-December, 2015. Program times vary.
- Enjoy bicycling, at The Morton Arboretum, in an "auto-free zone". On select dates through September 6, 2015. No Vehicle-Free evening on Friday, June 26, 2015