Enjoy bicycling, at The Morton Arboretum, in an "auto-free zone" on select days spring through fall.
Calendar of events
- The tram will depart from the tram circle and visitors will hear the regular tram narration to Big Rock. At the visitor station, you will disembark and walk with a docent along the Woodland Trail for 30 minutes, then get back on the tram and finish the regular tram narration and return to the tram circle. Woodland Trail highlights include a hilly, shaded woodland trail. It is often good for birding.
- Enter a tree village that's filled with adventure and imagination. Play, make believe, and become part of the trees' ever-changing tale. Daily, 7:00 a.m.-sunset
- Come learn about the gifts that the world's endangered trees give us—and how you can join the Arboretum in saving them. Daily, 7:00 a.m. - sunset
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast at The Morton Arboretum in the scenic Ginkgo Restaurant! Saturdays & Sundays, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Experience the theater on nature's stage as plays based on literary tales are presented during hikes through the scenic landscape of The Morton Arboretum. Weekends, July-October and Columbus Day, 2014.